Water Will Win

Just puttin' it out there.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Snicker, snicker. Snort snort


I'm sure glad that today is hump day. For the first part of the week, everything I touched turns to crap. If I wrote something, there was a typo. If I wore a white shirt, I spilled coffee on it first thing in the morning. My biggest screw up of the week was that I found out that I must have filled out the wrong paperwork when registering Henry for Kindergarten. Luckily, a teacher alerted us to this fact and they had a spot for him. The correct paperwork was turned in this morning and all is well now. A great big thank you to huzzy, who had to have the potentially painful conversation with catholic school administrators that we could not produce a baptismal certificate, as our pagan child was not baptized.

I rediscovered this website today and it's really making me laugh. http://www.engrish.com/

Word of the week:
heuristic 
–adjective
1.
serving to indicate or point out; stimulating interest as a means of furthering investigation.
2.
encouraging a person to learn, discover, understand, or solve problems on his or her own, as by experimenting, evaluating possible answers or solutions, or by trial and error: a heuristic teaching method.
3.
of, pertaining to, or based on experimentation, evaluation, or trial-and-error methods.
4.
Computers, Mathematics. pertaining to a trial-and-error method of problem solving used when an algorithmic approach is impractical.
–noun
5.
a heuristic method of argument.
6.
the study of heuristic procedure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home