Water Will Win

Just puttin' it out there.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Let It Snow


Today was the first snow of the season here in Denver. I wouldn’t mind so much if I didn’t have to drive in it. But, I do have to drive home in rush hour traffic so today’s snowstorm is a pain in the ass. It’s making me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and some cocoa and watch a movie, not sit at a desk dreading the drive home. I can only hope that my relatively new XM Satelite radio will make the drive home pass more quickly than FM radio ever did. (Note to self: Write scathing letter to CNN about putting that obnoxious Glenn Beck on Headline News at the time when I’m driving home at night and want some.....what do you call it.....hmmmm.......headline news?

I think I’m emotionally ready for winter. I’m tired of being hot, wearing sunscreen and pulling weeds. But the traffic, that is something that the mind tends to block out when remembering the frost filled good times. I’m excited for boots and scarves. I love soup, and Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love autumn colors with the deep reds, oranges and browns. I love the trees blowing down leaves like they are giant pieces of glitter in party invitation sent specially to me. I love Christmas time with its delicious foods, rich cinnamon smells, fancy parties and unexpected presents. Oh winter, my old friend, welcome home. All I ask in return for my love is that you not rain down your flakes between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM and again from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home