Water Will Win

Just puttin' it out there.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Drop One


Okay. I have to do it. I’m way too bored to just sit here and stare at my cubicle walls anymore. And I’ve already read perezhilton.com three times. I must write. Drum roll please......

Here is my first blog:

Don’t expect a lot. This is my first blog in more than a year. Regretfully, I still do not have a camera phone, so for the time being, this blog will not have visual aids. But don’t you worry little darlinz, I will be gettin’ one for Christmas.

Let’s discuss my favorite topic: celebrities. Let’s refer to them from this point on as celebretards (Thx Perez). Last week I was in Orange County. I had lunch in Laguna and was obsessed with seeing one of the “stars” of Laguna Beach. No luck though. They probably don’t hang out at the cheesy tourist joints that middle-americans like me frequent. We did drive by the courts where the boys play basketball. That was sort-of exciting. The best part was driving down the PCH (don’t I sound cool?) and belting out the theme song. “Let the rain fall down, on my face. Let it wash away my” blah blah. You get the idea. My husband, who is significantly more mature than I am, was mortified.

Let’s see, what else....

Tonight, I’m going to the grocery store with the fam. We have a long list of things to get since we were in the O.C. last week (still sounding cool) so all the food in our fridge is past its prime. Baby Henry, who’s not really a baby anymore, is going through a cereal phase. His sitter told me that yesterday he ate four bowls of cereal. I swear, that kid eats more than I do. I think I’m going to make more green chili this weekend. As well as potato soup. Since the weather here in Denver has been so chilly, I feel that some autumn-esque food is in order.

The things that I have been obsessing about buying lately, are as follows:
1) Big, fancy, leather, designer hobo back in a jewel tone like burgundy or pumpkin.
2) Knee high boots with wooden heals in an unexpected color.
3) The aforementioned picture phone. (Please don’t email me to tell me how behind the times I am. I already know how behind the times I am.)
4) Knickers

Whew. That was a great way to kill the last twenty minutes of an exceptionally boring work day. Tomorrow’s forecast is equally dull, so I might be back. I think I’ll talk about my co-workers. I’m already mentally formulating a brief synopsis on each of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger J Reidy said...

very nice.

i'm glad to have made your first entry even though i'm probably not significantly more mature than you are. what i'm mortified by is how grown ass people can be obsessed over lame teenagers with good skin, tons of money and the same amount of dorkiness that all teenagers posess.

also, it's very uncool to refer to Orange County as "the" O.C. if you think about it, it's like saying "i went to THE orange county last week." the "the" was created by fox because calling something just "OC" doesn't sell products.

anyway, i don't think anyone from O.C. would call it "the" O.C.

oh yeah, one more thing: be careful about writing about your co-workers...you never know who might be reading. remember the "white tool" blog drama with Perry's neighbor?

otherwise, good work. i might just read this here blog.

JR

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing when I read THE O.C.

However, I am a fan of the BeccaBlog. I will check in often and comment when the mood strikes.

What I like: hearing about Henry's eating likes - let's throw some dislikes in there for variety. Love to know what purchases you're coveting.

The day-to-day humdrum of office life takes me straight back to the Wallach Company when I spent my days trying to space out my consumption of Diet Coke and Mountain Man nut mixes. It was grueling. I love office talk. I say risk the wrath of co-workers and write about them. Use aliases and just hope they don't see themselves in the description.

Love!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home